Some days, I just want to go home. Have you ever felt this way? Sick of this world and ready to receive Heaven in all our Lord’s glory?
Today’s blog post is simply part of my story. My longing for my eternal home, while realizing God still has me here for a big purpose – even when I don’t see it “in the moment”. Because God sent His Son Jesus Christ, I can trust the purpose even if I don’t “feel” it (see Phil. 1:21-24).
Honestly some days, I am really sick of this world and just the stuff of this life. As I reflect on my day, I realize this to be true.
I am so thankful for the things God has got me through today. He has chosen to deliver me from so much.
I saw a new doctor today who shared advice for ailments she didn’t understand. It was hard explaining emotional things to a doctor who didn’t lift her eyes from her notes. Then add in a flare up. There you have my Tuesday.
I need God to do immeasurably more. And I need to trust that He will, because He already has!
“Now to Him who is able to [carry out His purpose and] do superabundantly more than all that we dare ask or think [infinitely beyond our greatest prayers, hopes, or dreams], according to His power that is at work within us… (Eph. 3:20, AMP).”
I want this “immeasurably more” that our generous God has to offer us, as Christ followers!
(1) God keeps leading me, and that too is immeasurably more in my life. He leads me, even when my body and mind make life difficult.
(2) God does immeasurably more, even when doctor appointments with three new primaries in a row – just doesn’t work out.
(3) God works things out, even when my fingers and toes become numb from taking a walk to seek nourishment.
(4) God is working in my storm, even when I am increasingly anxious about an upcoming appointment.
(5) I don’t know what the future holds. I pray God works out our finances and many other unknowns in my life. But, I have to choose to operate based on trusting the God of the Universe. I know only God can control all these things. I have spent a lot of time fighting for the kind of control only God can have. So, I am choosing to put my trust in the Lord Jesus Christ and continue to reread Proverbs 3:5-10.
“Trust in the Lord with all your heart.
Do not depend on your own understanding.
In all your ways obey him.
Then he will make your paths smooth and straight (vv. 5-6, NIRV).”
Lord Jesus, I need Your immeasurably more in every single area of my life. Please increase Your activity in my life, and help me to see how You are working out everything for my ultimate good. Please, give me hope and keep me well nourished in my relationship with You. Amen.
Featured image by Robin Noguier.